MUNICIPAL PARKING IN WHITE PLAINS
Permit parking is a convenient option that saves you money. Customers may purchase most permits on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis (some restrictions apply) at a considerable discount from the published meter rates. Permit customers park in specifically designated spaces and are always guaranteed a parking space. In certain locations, permits are restricted to City of White Plains residents only. In this case, the following proof of residency is required for purchase:
- Valid NY Drivers License showing resident parker's name and a City of White Plains address and
- Copy of a house deed, property tax bill, lease or current utility bill (the address on the Driver's License must match address on the document) in resident parker's name.
- Vehicle Registration for each plate number listed on permit with same information as license
NEW PERMIT -
ANNUAL RESIDENT EVENING
& WEEKEND PERMIT -Proof of residency required
January - December $75.00/year
This permit is valid during the days and hours listed below only:
Monday to Friday 6:00PM to Midnight
Saturday & Sunday 10:00AM to Midnight
And is valid at the following locations only:
- Chester-Maple Garage
- Hamilton-Main Garage
- Library Garage
- Lexington-Grove West Garage
- Lexington-Grove East Garage
- TransCenter Garage
- Longview-Cromwell Garage
At the Library Garage Annual Resident Evening & Weekend permit parkers are allowed to park at any valid meter or permit space. At all other facilities, these permit parkers must park within the designated permit parking areas and look for “permit area” signs.
These permits are available for purchase at the following garage offices:
Hamilton-Main Garage (914-422-1310) - Monday-Friday 8:00AM - 9:15PM
Lexington-Grove West Garage - (914) 422-1391 - Monday-Saturday 9:00AM - 10:00PM / Sunday 11:45AM - 7:15PM
Lexington-Grove East Garage - (914) 422-1392 - Monday-Saturday 9:00AM - 10:00PM / Sunday 11:00AM - 6:45PM
A “Regulation and Information” pamphlet on this Annual Resident Evening & Weekend Permit is available in the above-noted garage offices.
Annual Resident Evening & Weekend Parking Permit Regulations and Information
Customer Service (914) 422-1232
Permits can be obtained for PARKING STRUCTURES or SURFACE LOTS
PARKING VIOLATIONS OFFICE - 422-6125
PERMIT RENEWAL INFORMATION
Why wait on line? - Renew by mail: Remit checks payable to City of White Plains, no later than 15 days prior to permit effective period (except annual, July monthly, and Quarter 3 permits)
City of White Plains
Department of Parking
7-11 South Broadway
White Plains, NY 10601
In Person: Purchase permits during posted garage office hours.
Permits are available 15 days prior to permit effective date.
PERMIT PARKING GUIDELINES:
• Park within lines
• Park head on (backing in space is prohibited)
• No trucks over 6500 lbs. gross weight in structures; 8500 lbs. gross weight in lots. Height limitations vary from 6'0" - 7'0" in structures.
• Motorcycles must park in "dead" areas.
• Permit parking areas may be relocated to facilitate maintenance.
• PERMITS ARE SOLD ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. (The sale of certain permits may be limited to City of White Plains Residents Only)
• All July, Quarter 3 and Annual Renewals are required to complete a permit application each year. Resident permit holders must provide residency proof each year. (See surface lot info for acceptable proof of residency document)
• Permit holders are responsible for protecting permits against theft or loss.
• ANNUAL PERMITS ARE VALID JULY 1st THRU JUNE 30th.
• All permits must be displayed by the first day of the effective period.
• Permit renewals must be purchased by the first day of the effective period or your space will be forfeited
• NO GRACE PERIOD - PLEASE PLAN AHEAD
• Display only the current permit in plastic permit holder.
• Affix permit holder to left side window of the vehicle (driver's side) as far toward the rear as possible.
• Permits are valid only for the location and permit type specified on the permit.
• Day permits at certain locations may be sold as either Transferable or Non-Transferable. Non-Transferable permits are only valid for the vehicle and plate number listed on the permit record at time of purchase.
• Permit holders are responsible for protecting permits against theft or loss. Non-Transferable permits will be replaced upon the payment of a $18.00 processing fee. Transferable permits will be replaced upon the payment fee indicated below:
• Monthly Permits $18.00
• Quarterly Permits $30.00 Month 1 / $20.00 Month 2 / $15.00 Month 3
• Annual Permits ---$125.00 Months 1-3 / $100.00 Months 4-6/$75.00 Months 7-9/$50.00 Months 10-12
• REFUNDS: Handling Fee is $12.00. Permits must be returned before the 15th of the month in order to get half-month refund. No refund on annuals returned after May 15.
The Department of Parking currently sells over 150 different varieties of permits. For more information about your specific parking requirements call our customer service division at (914) 422-1232.
Temporary garage permits may be purchased under special circumstances for a $12.00 fee per 12 hour period.
To obtain a Permit Parking information booklet, call 422-1232.