ContactRSSTwitterFacebook
Keep In Touch
Click to Home

Go To Search
PrintEmail
White Plains Center Local Development Corporation
Incorporation
The White Plains Center Local Development Corporation (WPCLDC) was established on July 6, 2000 as a not-for-profit corporation pursuant to Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and Section 1411 of the Not-For-Profit Corporation Law of the State of New York. The WPCLDC is a Type C Corporation as defined in Section 201 of the Not-For-Profit Corporation Law.

Mission
The original mission and sole purpose of the WPCLDC was to enter into various agreements between and among the City of White Plains (City), the Westchester County Industrial Development Agency (IDA), and a private developer for the demolition of a city-owned public parking facility located between Main Street and Martine Avenue in the City, and the construction of a new public parking facility at that location. The original mission of the WPCLDC was accomplished in October 2003 when the new “City Center Garage” opened to the public. The WPCLDC will not be dissolved or liquidated, in whole or in part, or participate in any other activity so long as any lease, sublease, or agreement entered into as part of its original mission, is in effect.

Board of Directors & Officers
Paragraph eleven of the Articles of Incorporation stipulate that the following ex-officio positions of the city shall constitute the Board of Directors:
  • Commissioner of Building
  • Commissioner of Public Works
  • Mayor

Section three of the by-laws provides that the officers of the Board of Directors shall be a chair, a vice-chair, and a secretary.

Additional Information
Additional information concerning the WPCLDC may be obtained by contacting Michael A. Genito of the White Plains Center Local Development Corporation.

Access the following documents for further assistance and more information: