GEDNEY RECYCLING YARD |
87 Gedney Way
Monday - Saturday, 8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m
- White Plains Residents only - ID will be required
- Drivers should stop at the gate house and check in with the gatekeeper.
- CARS ONLY- no trucks or trailers of any kind.
- Drop off of Grass clippings, small cuttings and leaves only.
- Bags and/ or containers are to be emptied and brought home to be re-used.
- Empty bags should not be left at the Gedney Yard.
- Pick up free compost, mulch and unsplit logs from designated areas.
FREE COMPOST, MULCH and UNSPLIT LOGS
Are available to White Plains residents at the Gedney Way drop-off area from 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday. When available, BULK delivery may be arranged by calling 422-1202.
LANDSCAPER COUPON SYSTEM
Landscapers and gardners are able to purchase a permit coupon book enabling them to deposit White Plains generated leaves and lawn rakings at the Gedney Way Recycling Yard.
To purchase the coupon book call 422-1206.
Residents may drop off their Household Recycling at the Gedney Recycling Yard, which include:
PAPER RECYCLING: Paper products are picked up most Wednesdays throughout the year, except during holiday weeks as noted on the Sanitation Calendar, however if you miss your pick up, or if you would like to drop off paper products in between the scheduled days, the Gedney Yard will accept the following:
- Newspapers, magazines, catalogues
- Glossy insert and coupons
- Junk mail and advertising circulars
- Greeting cards and writing paper
- Office and school papers
- Telephone directories
- Flattened and tied corrugated cardboard
- Pizza boxes (No greasy or cheesy boxes, please)
- Cardboard egg cartons, cake, cereal, tissue boxes, etc.
- Paper shopping bags.
DO NOT RECYCLE
- Plastic bags (please don't load your stuff in a plastic bag - use paper bags or cardboard boxes)
- Books (The glue on the binding is not recyclable)
- Waxy cardboard containers, such as milk or juice containers
RECYCLING DROP OFF
Glass, plastic or aluminum bottles cans and jars are picked up, curbside, always on the second day of your scheduled garbage pick up - including holiday weeks. If you would like to drop off co mingled recycling in between pick ups, the Gedney Yard will accept the following:
- Clean glass: green, brown or clear glass, food and beverage bottles and jars
- Clean plastic # 1-7: food, beverage and liquid containers, detergent and shampoo bottles and caps
- Clean metal: Tin, aluminum foil and metal food containers and empty aerosol cans
- It is acceptable to flatten items if you choose to.
DO NOT RECYCLE
- No plastic bags of any kind as they jam the machinery. Return to your local grocery store
- No dirty or non-food (pesticide) bottles
- No deposit bottles
- No window panes, light bulbs, ceramics or any other glass items
- No hazardous material containers
- No medical bottles or solvents
- No styrofoam
- No toy items, flower pots or garden plastics unless they are labeled with a #1-7.
Small household scrap metal items may only be recycled by dropping them off at the Gedney Recycling Yard. They may not be put out with your household recycling for pick up.
Metal items to be dropped off include: Non automotive metal items such as pots, pans, toasters, irons, metal kitchen utensils and wire hangers.
TV's - May be dropped off at the Gedney Yard or you may call Sanitation at 422-1217 to schedule an appointment.*
*Curbside TV pick up is available on the first Wednesday of each month.
LARGE APPLIANCES: Refrigerators and other large metal items require a special appointment for pick up.
Please call Sanitation at 422-1217 to schedule an appointment for curbside pick up.