A marriage license is issued for a period of 60 days and must be used within that period. There is also a 24-hour waiting period, which means that if you apply for your license at noon on Friday, you cannot be married until noon on Saturday. This regulation cannot be waived without a court order. The license is only valid for marriages performed in the State of New York.
- Couples must apply together
- Certified copies of birth certificates listing parents. Birth Certificates must have a raised seal or colored stamp - Photocopies are not accepted.
- For any/each prior marriages, a certified copy of the Judgement of Divorce or death certificate is required.
- Any document in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- $40 fee (cash, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or money order) no personal checks accepted
Born in the United States
- Current passport, Driver’s license with a photo or a non-driver’s identification with a photo
Born Outside the United States
- Alien Resident Card, Current passport or Naturalization Certificate
If you meet this criteria, please call our office to make an appointment.