Adult Community Center
The Adult Community Center conveniently located at 65 Mitchell Place on the lower level of the historical Armory Plaza. Metered parking is available on Mitchell Place or in the City Center Parking Garage located on Martine Avenue and Main Street.
The following fees are in place:
- Fees for Recreation programs, classes, trips and special events vary
- Nutrition Lunch suggested contribution: $3
- Transportation suggested contribution: $1 one way
The Community Center Café serves a delicious and nutritious hot or cold lunch daily from 11:30 a.m. to noon. To reserve a meal you must call 914-422-1423 by noon the day before you plan to attend.
Offered is guidance and direction from healthcare professionals:
- Aging and Life Transitions
- Nurse’s Corner
- Medicare minute
- See guide for more information and dates about Health & Wellness and White Plains Hospital and lectures.
International Farmer’s Market - Wednesdays Seasonally
The Community Center bus will drop you off on the 9 a.m. daily run. The bus will pick you up from the Market at approximately 10:30 a.m. and return to the Center. Reservations required.
Adults, 60 years and over may be eligible to receive Farmers Market coupons valued at $20.
In the event of inclement weather, cancellations will be announced on radio station WHUD FM 100.7.
Refunds are issued only for the following reasons:
- For classes - A refund request because of illness or accident must be submitted in writing and accompanied by a doctor’s note. Refunds will be prorated based on the date received with a 10% service charge.
- For trips and events - There are no refunds unless your cancellation is filled.
- For any programs cancelled by the Department of Recreation and Parks Adult Community Center, a full refund will be issued.
Funding for Programs
The Community Center Café Program and Transportation / Supportive Services are partially funded through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the New York State Office for the Aging, and the Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services.