The Department of Public Works (DPW) Bureau of Highways maintains, paves, patches and repairs over 140 miles of city-owned roads. It is also responsible for the removal of ice and snow, collection of leaves and brush, and provides labor and equipment to other operational divisions of the city government.
This Bureau also directs and supervises street cleaning, forestry, parks maintenance, and street lighting activities.
County Owned Roads (PDF) (Westchester County DPW (914) 995-4951
There are over 17 miles of roads that are owned and maintained by Westchester County within the City of White Plains.
DPW does not maintain or repair these roads, however, White Plains does provide snow removal for these streets.
County-owned roads are as follows:
- Aqueduct Road
- Bryant Avenue (North Street to Westchester Avenue)
- Central Avenue
- Central Westchester Parkway
- Hamilton Avenue
- Mamaroneck Avenue (Bryant Avenue to Harrison Border)
- North Street
- Orchard Street (North Broadway to Central Westchester Pkwy)
- Post Road
- Route 22 (North and South Broadway to Post Road)
- Westchester Avenue
Bus Stops with Shelters
- Bus shelters that have advertising are the responsibility of Westchester County to keep clear of snow and ice. Call 995-2505 for more information or if you need to report an issue.
View our Snow Removal Information.